Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Are You Running for the Greater Good!


I have always found that when it comes to working out, and I  I get stuck in my "want to," it really helps to be doing it for something bigger than myself. (No pun intended!)

Recently, I made a commitment to run an 8k for the Wounded Warrior Project.  This is a cause that is really close to my heart.  I have had many family members serve in the armed forces.  Thankfully, none of them were wounded.  But I have met and loved many others who were hurt emotionally by the traumas they witnessed. 

So, I am running for them all.  Thank you to all who have served.

What I had forgotten, is how having a cause to train for solidifies my motivation! I want to get to the track every day.  I want to do well at the run, for them!

Yesterday, I was so tired after working and praying at our healing center.  Normally, I would find that to be an excuse to forgo the workout.  But because of these precious people, I couldn't wait to push through the tiredness and GO!

Find a cause! If you have been stuck or unmotivated.  I promise you, it really works!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment