Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Fresh Air and Fresh Fruits!


Yesterday was a good day. I walked/jogged two miles cross country.  It is always amazing how much more of a challenge it is to run through the woods or down a dirt path than on my treadmill.  More challenge and more fun!  The air was so fresh after the rain we have had, and the cool, crisp air and dazzling sunshine added a rapture to the workout. 

I have been piecing out bits of ways to improve my health.  Today the thought crossed my mind to make a list of my favorite fruits and vegetables, and write about why they give me pleasure.  I have found that when I find pleasure in things, whether it is exercise, or a clean refrigerator, I am more likely to incorporate it into my life on a a regular basis. 

For example, today I found myself putting something back in a cabinet that I normally leave out, cluttering the counter.  I put it back because I realized how much I have been enjoying my clutter-free counter. 

In the same way, I am finding it easier to exercise on a daily basis because I am adding an element of fun into every workout.  Yesterday, my husband was not in the house when I got onto my re-bounder.  I found myself jumping like a little kid.  I was wiggling and waving my arms as I sang a Christmas carol at the top of my lungs.  It was fun!

So, as I think about my favorite fruits and vegetables, I know I will be eating more of them and eating less unhealthy foods. I have found that if I can picture myself doing something, I can do it. 

My first fruit I want to enrapture about is an orange.  I love the smell of the peel as it pulls away from the fruit. The anticipation grows with each burst of orange fragrance.  Then the fun begins of separating the sections. Eating one section at a time, and totally enjoying the burst of flavor as the membranes dissolve is a wonder-filled experience.  Oh man! I am getting oranges today and eating one before I do anything else. 

I won't bore you with the rest of my list, but let me encourage you to try making your own list.
Try the list idea.  You may find your eating habits transformed.
Blessings, Anna Marie


No comments:

Post a Comment