Thursday, December 1, 2011

Looking for Less Stress?

One of my friends posted a link to a blog about 100 days to get organized.  It really rang my bell!  I am so into small steps.  Incrementally, I can get many things accomplished.  When I look at projects such as getting organized, or losing weight, or writing on my book, I get overwhelmed. but, if I grab little chunks and deal with them, before I know what has happened, I arrive at my destination!

In my last post, I shared about cutting the cream in my coffee.  I am already seeing some weight loss, just from eliminating that one thing in my diet.  Yesterday, I heard the Lord say to me at breakfast,

"Just one piece of Ezekiel toast is enough."

I totaled the approximate calories saved from giving up that second piece, and in a year I could be between four to six pounds lighter than I am now (plus the weight loss from giving up the cream) and never feel the pain!

I have been approaching exercise the same way.  When the temptation to sit instead of walk hits me between the eyes, I remember I can burn at least 100 calories by walking really slowly as opposed to just sitting. Another 4-6 pounds gone in a year!  (And that is not counting the increased muscle mass, which burns more calories, when I am sitting!)

How simple can this be?  

I decided to approach my home organization the same way, bit by bit.  I pick jut one small task that needs to be organized and do it.  For example, today, I thought I might get some Christmas decorations up.  The thought of doing all of it was just too much!  So I decided to change the placemats on the table, and the potholders and towels in the kitchen. (Don't laugh!)

Changing theses few items did not make me feel overwhelmed. I actually got excited! And truth be told, I got so into it, I did a whole lot more! :)

I am coming to the realization that I am being slowly healed of the "all or nothing" attitude I have suffered with throughout my life.  It is exhilerating!  I never even realized how much I suffered with this handicap.

Taking life in bits is giving me a whole lot less adrenaline rush, and I am feeling so calm.  Hallelujah!

Tonight, I am going to sit down and figure out how many words I have to write each day to finish my book.  I can't wait!

Weight loss, less stress, and a completed book!  Eureka!

Blessings, Anna Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment